Effective Date / Date of Last Revision: November 9, 2023
1. Who We Are
Ideal Warehouse Innovations, Inc. (collectively, “IWI,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) designs, sources, manufactures and offers a comprehensive array of industrial workspace safety products. IWI operates a publicly available website at https://idealwarehouse.com/ (“Site”) where individuals and entities may obtain more information about IWI’s products and services (“Services”).
2. How To Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding data protection or your rights, please contact us:
Ideal Warehouse Innovations
Attn: Privacy Team
1 Royal Gate Blvd., Unit i
Contact Us Via Webform
3. Why We Collect Data and How We Collect It
We collect, process and use Personal Data to allow you to provide our products, Services and Site to you. For example, we use the Personal Data we collect to:
- Communicate with you;
- Provide you with information, quotes and offers;
- Provide our products and Services;
- Connect you with our distributors and service partners;
- Process your account registration (where applicable);
- Provide you with support;
- Personalize your experience on our Site.
- Improve our products and services;
- Measure the performance of our Site and Services;
- Engage in audit activity related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity of the Site and Services;
- Maintain, improve and customize our products, Site and Services;
- Efficiently maintain our business;
- Comply with applicable law; and
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others.
We obtain Personal Data directly from you, through cookies and other technologies, through your devices, and from third parties as described in this Policy and any other privacy notices we may provide to you when you interact with us.
4. Protecting Your Privacy Generally
We utilize industry-standard security measures to safeguard the information we collect, maintain and use. These measures include technical and procedural steps to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction. However, we do not and cannot guarantee the performance or adequacy of such security measures.
5. Children’s Privacy
We do not intentionally collect any Personal Data from consumers under the age of sixteen (16) years of age. We do not sell Personal Data of any individuals, including individuals under the age of sixteen (16) years.
6. Types of Information We Collect
- Information You Provide Directly To Us. We may collect the following categories of Personal Data if you provide it to us:
- Contact information and identifiers (such as name, local and permanent address, company name, telephone number, electronic mail address);
- Information regarding your order and/or service request (product purchased, date of purchase, purchase price, distributor name);
- Payment information (credit card or bank account information);
- Information you provide to us when inquiring about our products or services;
- Your social media account names / handles and any direct message information you have with us; and
- Any other information you provide to us.
- Information We Collect Via Tracking Technology.
”) to collect information as you navigate the Site. Cookies are small files of information that are stored by your web browser software on your computer hard drive, mobile or other devices (e.g., smartphones or tablets). The information collected includes:
- Unique personal identifiers (device identifiers, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and other forms or persistent or probabilistic identifiers that can be used to identify a particular consumer or device); and
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history; search history; and information regarding your interaction with website, application or advertisement).
For more information on our use of tracking technologies and to make changes to your settings, please visit our Cookie Management Tool
. You can also learn about which third parties have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website
or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website
. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website
Information our Distributors or Other Service Providers Provide to Us
. Our distributors and service providers may provide Personal Data about you to us if they need the information to provide products or services to you, such as quotes, orders, installation services, warranty information, services or part replacements.
7. Global Privacy Signals and Do Not Track
Our Site recognizes the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”) signal. If you are using a browser setting or plug-in that sends an opt-out preference signal to each website you visit, we will treat that as a valid request to opt out. To download and use a browser supporting the GPC browser signal, click here: https://globalprivacycontrol.org/orgs. If you choose to use the GPC signal, you will need to turn it on for each supported browser or browser extension you use.
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
8. Information we disclose to third parties
We do not sell Personal Data or share it for contextual or targeted advertising purposes. We may provide access to Personal Data to others in the following limited ways:
- With service providers. We may share information with service providers who:
- perform data services on our behalf, such as hosting and managed services;
- prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content on our behalf);
- provide other services on our behalf, such as accounting services, call center services, client relationship management services and other various business services; and
- process payment information on our behalf;
- provide cookie and privacy management services on our behalf.
- To Meet Our Legal Requirements or Exercise Our Rights. We may share information with third parties in the following instances:
At Your Request. We will share your Personal Data when you request or otherwise consent to the disclosures. For example, if you provide information through our Find a Distributor form, we will share the information you provide with a distributor in your area.
- When we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention.
- When we reasonably believe it is appropriate to apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personal Data where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal data.
- We may share information with other persons or entities as part of our own corporate transactions, such as during financing or any asset sale.
9. How to Access & Control Your Personal Data Generally
We respect your privacy and provide ways for you to choose whether to share your information with us or any third parties.
PLEASE NOTE, HOWEVER, THAT IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PROVIDE US WITH CERTAIN INFORMATION, WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH SOME OF OUR SERVICES.
- You may decline to provide information. You have the right to decide not to share information with us.
You may control cookies used. You may opt out of cookies through your account settings in the Site or as described in Section 6 (b) above.
- You may opt out of marketing communications. You can always choose whether you wish to receive communications we send via email, SMS messages, telephone calls and postal mail. To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails.
10. Where we store, process and transfer data
The Site and access to the Site is provided using resources and servers located in Canada and other countries. Your personal data may be transferred, processed, and stored outside the country where you are located. If you are a resident of Canada, please note that personal data located outside Canada will be subject to legal requirements in those foreign countries applicable to our service providers, for example, lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries.
When you register for an account with us, you may be required to choose or will be assigned a password which enables you to access our Site. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for all activity that takes place through your account credentials. Do not share your password with anyone. If your password is compromised, change your password within your account. If you believe your account may have been compromised, please notify us immediately.
We take industry standard security measures to protect your information. We also have put into place appropriate agreements and/or procedures with our service providers to ensure that your Personal Data is treated consistent with applicable data privacy and security laws. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data.
12. Links to Third-Party Sites
Our Site may contain links to other websites and companies that may be of interest to you. If you click on any of those links, you will leave our Site. We are not responsible for third-party websites. Therefore, please consult the terms of service and privacy policies of those sites when you visit them.
13. Data Retention
We will store your Personal Data for as long as: (a) you maintain an account with us; (b) you continue using our Site and Services; (c) your Personal Data is stored in our back up servers and/or services; (d) in accordance with our retention policies and schedules; and (e) as long as we are legally required to retain the Personal Data.
We value all of our users, and it is our goal to provide an excellent experience for all our users, including our users with disabilities. Please review our statement on AODA here
. You expressly agree to attempt to resolve any and all issues with accessibility (AODA, ADA or otherwise) directly with us and in good faith prior to instituting any legal action against us, and will provide us with 30 days to correct any errors or other accessibility issues.
15. Notice to Nevada Residents
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of certain types of personal information. Subject to a number of exceptions, Nevada law defines “sale” to mean the exchange of certain types of personal information for monetary consideration to a person for the person to license or sell the information to additional persons. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt-out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. Opt-out requests may be sent to email@example.com.
16. Notice to California Residents
NOTICE AT COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. To provide you with our products, Site and Services, we collect and process information about you, including in some cases, Personal Information. To comply with the CCPA and to assist you in understanding our data collection and protection practices during the past 12 months:
Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information that is linked or reasonably linkable to an individual.
- Identifiers (name, alias, account name, email address, postal address, Internet Protocol address, online identifiers, other similar identifiers).
- Unique personal identifiers (cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology).
- Telephone numbers.
- Account log-in, financial account, or debit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history; search history; and information regarding an individual’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement).
- Commercial information (records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other commercial information),
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information (including employment history).
- Video information.
- Sources of Personal Information. We collect the above categories of consumer Personal Information from you, from your devices and from our distributors and service providers as described in Section 6 above.
Purpose for Collection. In addition to the business purposes for which we collect consumer Personal Data described in Section 3 above, we collect consumer Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, non-personalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us, provided that your Personal Information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction with us.
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services.
- Providing advertising and marketing services, except for cross-context behavioral advertising, to you provided that, for the purpose of advertising and marketing, our service providers and/or contractors shall not combine the Personal Information of opted-out consumers that the service provider or contractor receives from us, or on our behalf with Personal Information that the service provider or contractor receives from, or on behalf of, another person or persons or collects from its own interaction with you.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Advancing our commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing another person to buy, rent, lease, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, goods, property, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
|Category of Personal Information
||Categories of Third Parties
|Unique personal identifiers (such as browser information, IP address, date and time of visit, device identifiers, unique user IDs, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology)
||Advertising networks, such as Google
|Category of Personal Information
||Categories of Recipients
|Identifiers (name, alias, account name, email address, postal address, Internet Protocol address, online identifiers, other similar identifiers)
||Distributors; business partners; data hosting and cloud storage providers; mailing providers; advertising service providers, accounting service providers, client relationship management service providers, payment processing vendors.
|Unique personal identifiers (cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology)
||Data hosting and cloud storage providers; cookie management service provider; advertising service providers; cookie management service provider.
||Distributors, data hosting and cloud service providers.
||Distributors; business partners; data hosting and cloud storage providers; client relationship management service providers; mailing providers; advertising service providers, accounting service providers, client relationship management service providers, payment processing vendors.
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history; search history; and information regarding consumer’s interaction with website, application or advertisement)
||Data hosting and cloud storage providers; cookie management provider; advertising networks.
|Commercial information (records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other commercial information)
||Distributors; data hosting and cloud storage providers; accounting service providers, client relationship management service providers, payment processing vendors.
||Distributors; ad networks; data storage providers; security, anti-fraud, and verification providers.
|Professional or employment-related information (including employment history)
||Distributors; business partners; data hosting and cloud storage providers; mailing providers; providers, accounting service providers, client relationship management service providers.
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information that is linked or reasonably linkable to an individual.
||Data hosting and cloud storage providers.
||Data hosting and cloud storage providers.
- Children’s Personal Information. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age and we do not knowingly sell or share the Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age.
- Sensitive Personal Information. We do not use Sensitive Personal Information (as it is defined in the CCPA) for the purpose of inferring characteristics about individuals.
- Retention of Personal Information. We retain Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, such as to provide you with the service you have requested, and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, contractual, or reporting requirements that apply to us.
- Your Rights. Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
|Right to know
||You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collected about you in the 12-month period preceding your request. This right includes the right to request: (1) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you; (2) categories of Personal Information we have collected about you; (3) categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected; (4) categories of Personal Information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose about you (if applicable); (5) categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose (if applicable); and (6) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or, if applicable, selling your Personal Information.
|Right to delete
||You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you, with some exceptions. Note that if you request that we delete your information, we may be unable to provide you with certain offers or services.
|Right to correct
||You have the right to correct inaccurate Personal Information we maintain about you.
|Right to opt out of sale
||If we sell or share Personal information, you have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing. IWI does not sell Personal Information. IWI engages in limited cross-context behavioral advertising as described above. You may opt out of such advertising activities.
|Right to limit processing of sensitive personal information
||If we use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations, the right to limit our use and disclosure. IWI does not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations.
|Right to non-discrimination
||You have the right to non-discrimination for exercising your CCPA rights. This means we cannot deny you goods or services, charge you different prices, or provide a different level of quality of goods or services just because you exercise your rights under the CCPA. IWI will not and does not discriminate against you or other customers for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
- How to Exercise Your Rights.
Right to Submit a Request to Know, Delete and/or Correct: You may submit a request to know, delete and/or correct by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may contact us through our online form. If you are submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request through one of the designated methods discussed above. After submitting the request, we will require additional information to verify your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.Our Process for Verifying a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct. We will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California resident on whose behalf you are making such request. We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure, deletion, or correction as applicable. For requests to access categories of Personal Information and for requests to delete or correct Personal Information that is not sensitive and does not pose a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion or correction, we will verify your identity to a “reasonable degree of certainty” by verifying at least two data points that you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities. For requests to access specific pieces of Personal Information or for requests to delete or correct Personal Information that is sensitive and poses a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion or correction, we will verify your identity to a “reasonably high degree of certainty” by verifying at least three pieces of Personal Information you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities. In addition, you must submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury stating that you are the individual whose Personal Information is being requested.Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of the sales of your Personal Information and the sharing of your Personal Information for cross context behavioral marketing. You may exercise your right to opt out by following the instructions on our Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information page.
- Shine the Light Law. California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes (as those terms are defined in that statute). IWI does not sell or disclose information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
17. Notice to Residents of the European Economic Area
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) applies to individuals located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The GDPR allows us to collect and use personal information from individuals within the EEA only for one or more of the following reasons:
- To fulfill a contract we have with you;
- When we have a legal duty;
- When it is in our legitimate interest; or
- When you provide consent.
We do not operate in the EEA or specifically direct our business to consumers in the EEA. However, we recognize some of our website users, customers and prospective customers could be located within the EEA. If you reside in the EEA, you have a number of rights under data protection laws in relation to the way we process your Personal Data, which are set forth below. You may contact us directly to exercise any of these rights, and we will verify your request and, if appropriate, respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request. In exceptional circumstances we may need to extend this timescale, but we will always tell you in advance if we do, and our reasons why.
||A right to access personal data held by us about you, as well as information about how we are using your data.
||A right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.
||A right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you, and where the personal data has been made public, for other controllers processing the personal data to also erase links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data. This right will only apply where (for example): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data (in line with Right 6 below).
||A right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): you dispute the accuracy of the personal data held by us; or where you would have the right to require us to erase the personal data but would prefer that our processing is restricted instead; or where we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for, but you require the data for the purposes of dealing with legal claims.
||A right to receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organization, at your request.
||A right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you).
||A right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services or products).